- 1km PEI National Park
- 37km Charlottetown
- 50km Confederation Bridge
CavendishMiles of ocean off Cavendish Beach; that's what you will see when you sit on the deck of one of our beautifully appointed cottages. Everything you need for a relaxing stay is provided.
Cavendish is a small rural area spread out mostly on both sides of route 6. A large portion of the north side of route 6 is the PEI National Park. Cavendish is about 4 kilometers from one end to the other so nothing is far away. In our community, you will find grocery stores, restaurants, golf courses and many activities for families. We are located in the middle of the Island so it is a good area from which to visit the whole Island. From here to either tip is less than two hours but of course, you will want to visit and your tours will take longer.
Things to see and do
We know the area well and we would like to suggest some of the following attractions in our area.
- We are only a short walk from the Prince Edward island National Park
- Of course, there is anything to do with Lucy Maud Montgomery and Anne of Green Gables. To learn more, you can visit these sites: The Site of Lucy Maud Montgomery's Cavendish Home, Green Gables House, or the Lucy Maud Montgomery Institute. No visit to PEI would be complete without seeing the play based on Anne of Green Gables at the Confederation Centre of the Arts. Even the dads will like the show, we promise! We can get tickets for you and you save the service charge! You can also see Anne and Gilbert which moves the story to the adult stage in Anne's life.
- If you want to see what trouble Anne and her friends can get into, you must visit Avonlea Village. It is rated the number one attraction in the area by our guests every year.
- Other family attractions that we recommend, that are clean, well kept and just plain fun are Shining Waters Family Park, the Sanspit and Ripley's Believe it or Not.
Cavendish Beach is part of the Prince Edward Island National Park. The main part of the beach is about a five minute drive.
The main beach has wonderful beige sand and lifeguards to watch over little ones and avid swimmers. The rest of the coastline has coves with beige sand or magnificent red cliffs. The beach below us is about a 20 minute walk.
Although you can see spectacular PEI sunsets from our property, the best ones are seen from the beach. Sunset is around 10 pm in June and early July and around 9-9:30 pm later on in July and August. Go to the photo gallery for great beach photos.